B-BBEE AND ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION
Fairfield Chemical Carriers South Africa (Pty) Ltd is a Level 2 contributor under the Transport Sector Generic Scorecard (Maritime Transport and Services Sub-Sector. Our B-BBEE status is further enhanced by the fact that we are 51% Black Owned, via Thembani Shipping (Pty) Ltd shareholding in the Company.
We pride ourselves in being a truly transformed Company which is underscored by the following:
- 66.66% of the Directors are Black.
- We achieved 100% Black Representation in Middle and Junior Management.
- We embrace the principle of providing Internships for workplace experience through the “Adopt A Learner” programme is conjunction with the South African Association of Ship Operators and Agents and the Transport Education Training Authority.
- We also provide industry specific bursaries through the sponsorship of Black Students studying for Diploma’s in Maritime and Nautical studies at Durban University of Technology.
- We have commenced sponsorship Learnerships for Disabled persons.
Enterprise and Supplier Development
- It is our target to secure more than 50% of our total measured procurement spend from Black Suppliers who are more than 51% Black Owned and we believe we are on course to far exceed this target.
- We actively support Enterprise and Supplier Development initiatives through our investment in the Inyosi Enterprise and Supplier Developments funds. These funds have been very successful in unlocking growth opportunities for qualifying black owned businesses through Access to Funding, Markets and Skills.
Socio Economic Development
- We pride ourselves in providing childhood development support through our donations to the TLC Children’s home which has a facility close to our Durban Office.
In conclusion, we are very proud of our initiatives which are targeted at the transformation of the South African economy.
Please find our downloadable B-BBEE Certificate here